Saturday, August 7, 2010

On Prolific Writers

I have mixed opinions about extremely prolific writers. (Writers with upwards of 40 stories)

On the one hand, I am very glad that they have so much to write about, that they are so creative and I'm sure that they have very good things to contribute (I haven't read many of them, to be honest.) But somehow when I see an account that's been active for a few years and 70 or 80 stories I get put off somehow. Part of it would be that I have no idea where to begin with reading their stuff, and part of it would be the same reason why I don't buy into extremely prolific writers who are being published "in the real world". Somehow I can't seem to believe that they are that original after so much writing in that short a time.

I spend a great deal of time tending to my stories, trying to make each and every one different from each other, even if some of them aren't all that different from other stories in the fandom. It takes me years to write it and get it right, so how is it that these other writers can slap anything and everything up on their profiles so quickly? I mean, I'm beginning to feel like I am building up a decent portfolio of writing at this point in time, and I'm only sixteen stories and seven years into the site.

Ah, well. That's enough for now.

In other news, I've written another page and a half of chapter 3. I think it's almost finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment