Saturday, January 28, 2012

New Story! Glass Flowers

I posted a new story this morning! Hooray!

It's outside of my usual, predictable haunts (read: Lord of the Rings and... well... Lord of the Rings) but it's far from being outside of my realm of comfort! Being an absolute Anglophile and longtime lover of all things Shakespearean, I decided after taking a Shakespeare class a few semesters ago to try my hand at a fanfic inspired by the great Bard.

My favorite comedy being A Midsummer Night's Dream, I went for that, modernizing the setting and characters. It always bothered me that at the end of that crazy, bespelled night, Demetrius is the only one left under the power of the flower's spell. What would happen if he actually woke up from that spell one day? And what if Helena had the power to wake him from the spell? Would she actually do it?

In Athens, GA, Helena begins having nightmares that disrupt her dream life - she begins to remember what had happened in the forest. Should this interest you, feel free to click the link below and read!

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7782416/1/Glass_Flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment