Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The end is nigh!

The end! The end is near! Ahhhhh!

Not like THAT, you know, but like, the end of The Shift. It's, like, SOON. And it's like, WITHIN SIGHT.

In the last month I've written chapter 8, 9, and 10 and begun writing 11. And that's, like, WAY MORE than I've done in the last six months. Or, so it seems. I always get this way when I get to the end of the story. I furiously write and write and write until I literally burn out all of my little writing wheels in my head. I've written something between 11,000-12,000 words in less than 30 days. Which, while 50,000 words is my personal record (thanks, NaNoWriMo!) It's certainly a new level of normal productivity for me.

According to my own personal goal of finishing writing this story by the time summer starts, I have another 3 or 4 weeks to write another 2 or 3 chapters. And one of the chapter's dialogue is already entirely written and I'm thinking of making the penultimate chapter one that I've already finished writing, but will edit extensively to fit better into the story that I've actually written.

The most recent chapters have been an exercise in "See Stefanie highlight important shit!" and "See Stefanie skip centuries in each chapter!" I hope people don't get too lost!

I'm off to type up more of chapter 9, which I think I am almost finished with. Chapter 10, I realized rather late, is about 7000 words long! I have my work cut out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment