Sunday, June 20, 2010

Beast

Siobhan is a beast. I sent her three chapters (chapter 1, most of chapter 2, and the Guardians of Time fic) and she returned each one of them with all of her various descriptive and adverbial additions (she loves her description - I tend to suck at it the first run through) and a sum total of 393 alterations between the three.

I love her. Nothing is so humbling than to know that in 19 pages of work she can find an average of 20 things to correct on each page. That's why she's such a more brilliant editor than me.

In recent writing news, I have wrapped up chapter 2 of The Shift in longhand form. I'll type that up sometime this week, do the preliminary edits, and then send chapter 2 back to Siobhan so she can tear it to pieces. I love getting chapters back in ratty tatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment